At the NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, Portland, Oregon’s Catalinbread® Effects has announced The Coriolis™ Effect, a wah, filter, harmonizer, pitch shifter, and sustainer effects pedal. Following the success of their NICOMPRESSOR® in 2018, Catalinbread® was quietly and diligently crafting The Coriolis™ Effect. The target release date is March 28th, 2019, with pre-orders launching immediately through retailers.
The Coriolis™ Effect is a phenomenon in classical mechanics where a trajectory becomes altered due to a rotating frame of reference. The Catalinbread® Coriolis™ Effect has three main parameters to change the equations of motion for your guitar signal. Turning down the Velocity and Acceleration controls drags your playing into the heart of a black hole, redshifting your tone into a lower pitch and filtering out the high frequencies. The Hold button will instantly pull you into the black hole stopping time completely. Plug in and explore where humanity has never shredded before! In short: Think of the Coriolis™ Effect as a sustainer, wah, filter, pitch shifter, and harmonizer rolled into one—the sonic possibilities are endless!
The Catalinbread Coriolis Effect Features:
- Position: This parameter controls the dry/wet mix with a full wet on clockwise and full dry on counterclockwise.
- Acceleration: This parameter is a 2-pole low pass filter.
- Velocity: This parameter adjusts the pitch of the wet signal.
- Hold: Pressing this button stops any new sampling and loops the current sample. (Initialize during a chord to sustain the chord for upwards of two minutes. Initialize while playing melody lines for a fast-delay/stutter sound.)
- Expression pedal Input
- Internal bypass mode switch (True Bypass/Buffered Bypass)
- Internal expression pedal polarity switch
- Internal trimmer pot to adjust gain level
- Hand-built in Portland,OR
- 3-year warranty
- Retail price of $229.99